Sunday, March 10, 2019

Cannibalism

I have been researching a little about cannibalism as in all honesty I don't know too much about it. On a Psychology Today website it says that the are usually extreme loners and are bitter about this. So that is why they kill people and keep them to eat  like that they never feel alone. It even goes on to say that it even sexually excites them to take the meat off the person. Cannibals usually don't look for something in a person it is more of a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time and usually proud of their actions and have no shame in what they have done. Then I went on to research what leads a person to cannibalism I found there is not concrete answer but several theories. Clancy McKenzie, a psychology professor at Capital University in Washington, D.C. believes that cannibalism is a result of trauma, especially that experienced in childhood. On the other hand others believe that children who are excessively dependent on their mothers, due to maternal over nurturing, are more likely to experience oral aggression and frustration due to separation. The list of theories goes on and on but one thing I found in common is all of them include some type of trauma. This research wasn't too in depth but there weren't any symptoms or signs of cannibalism I was able to find today. Hopefully I have to opportunity to go more in depth another time, but I still learned some good facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment