Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Deciding Genre and Plot


Yesterday in class my group and I finally sat down to discuss and brainstorm what we want to do with our film opening. First we said we need to determine what genre we want to do, which in my opinion was one of the most difficult decisions. Thabata mentioned that was should do horror but what worried me about this is it would come out too cliché which is what I want to stay away from. I truly want to try to do something different, original, and unique. I mentioned my concern to them and both agreed so we brainstormed a couple ideas back and forth of how we can pull off a horror story without making it cliché but this wasn't easy. We came across the idea of combining a Purge and the series You and putting our own spin of the story. So we want to do a Purge them keeping the masked theme and killing but the story will be with a male stalking a female. The genre we feel this would fall under is horror drama film. Today we are going to get together at Starbucks to finish deciding the last details of the plot and hopefully begin the storyboard.
    We also came up with a few ideas of how to organize our film opening. Like I brought up the idea that we can use a feature also used in Quantico which is to show opposite end of the plot. The first scene we would present would toward the end of the plot near the falling action for example it could be when the girl is already killed or captured then it cuts into the title of the film, then the following scene would be day time and it would be the beginning of the plot. I thought this idea would be good because it creates a lot of suspense, the audience would want to continue watching and it is a unique approach to the film opening. This would continue going back and forth and we would be made clear to the audience that it is going back and forth by using different filter. We also want to insert the credits in different areas where is she hiding by using strategic camera angles to get negative space to put it in. I will update again tomorrow when I get together with my group again and hopefully have most of the storyboard done by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment