Sunday, February 24, 2019

Brainstorming & Planning

    After many months of studying and learning about different types of media it is finally time to begin out final project. The entire year I have been looking forward to this project as I’ve had some ideas of what my group and I could do. But obviously the first step to any planning process would be to decide what we are doing. Tomorrow the three of us are going to sit down and compare all of the different ideas we have brainstormed. This will be no easy process has it is a big decisions and we don't want to be changing our idea half way through the project. So hopefully by tomorrow or the following day we have a concrete idea of what we are doing. My goal is to have the entire or the majority of the storyboard done by Saturday so we can get to filing right away.
    Most of the ideas I have found myself brainstorming are films about breaking a representation in film. I am female Colombian and have been insulted and stereotyped time and time again. I want to make things clear that not just because one person from a country does something doesn't mean we all do that. I am Colombian and I've never done a drug in my life nor have I gotten surgery and my parents are not maids or thugs. But yet I play soccer and have had a passion for it since a young age and since i was small people would say “that is a men's sport” or “girls don’t play soccer, its too rough”. Furthermore in this final project I’m doing I would want to break representation in media may it be Hispanic, African American, or Muslim.
    The main message I want to have in all of the ideas for this project is- don’t listen what society or anyone says just listen to your heart and what makes you happy. One of my favorite ideas is to do it about a Colombian girl from a wealthy family that want to tell her how to live but she refuses. She goes her own way to be independent and playing soccer and working to keep her little apartment and food on the table. I would want to show how she makes it out all on her own and how she can be independent doing things that are “traditionally” female roles. The most challenging part of all of this is how to show all of my ideas in just the opening of the show. This is an obstacle my group and i will overcome as we are going to have to learn for to use every second very wisely. I’m very excited to meet with my group tomorrow to brainstorm ideas and see what we come up with.  

No comments:

Post a Comment